Don Roy, Director
If you would like to receive updates regarding our travel and ministry activities, please indicate so in the "message" section.
Everyone shares advice, but is your advice Biblical?
The question is not, “do you counsel?” but rather “how Biblical is your counsel?” In everyday life, we counsel and advise one another. Sometimes people need counsel when they’re in crisis, at other times, we simply work together to grow in Christian maturity. How can you learn to be more Biblical when it’s your turn to counsel?
Biblical Counseling Training Course
The first half of the course is an introduction to biblical counseling designed to acquaint people with an understanding of how the sufficiency of Scripture impacts the way we view our struggles, especially in relation to psychology. It also deals with the general principles involved in biblical counseling and how one would use this method in situations involving anger, conflict, depression, fear, temptation, and dealing with trials. The second half of the course focuses specifically on biblical views of marriage and parenting and how to deal with common problems in these areas. The intricacies of the mind/body issues in biblical counseling are also explored, especially in regards to the use of psychotropic drugs.
Who should attend? Anyone interested in learning to:
- Apply the Scriptures to your life.
- Disciple others.
- Better advise and counsel others.
- Become a certified Biblical Counselor.
When will it be?
- Friday evening from 6:00pm-9:00pm and Saturday 8:30am-4:30pm
- February 1 & 2
- February 22 & 23
- March 15 & 16
Where will it be?
- First Baptist Church Slidell (www.fbcslidell.org)
How much does it cost?
- $70 which includes workbooks and lunch each Saturday
How do I register?
- Call Cindy Mullins at (985)643-3456 or
- e-mail Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The course fulfills the academic requirement towards certification with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (www.biblicalcounseling.com).